As always, this year’s Douglas County Chamber Winter Ball was a don’t-miss event for members.
Held Feb. 9, 2019, the Winter Ball celebrated the transition of leadership. HRC’s Howard B. Ray (pictured above, left) took over the reins at the annual event from outgoing chairman Kara Pearson (pictured above, right) of GreyStone Power. Ray now serves as 2019’s chairman of the board.
The celebration, known for fine food, sought-after silent and live auction items, and extraordinary entertainment, also recognizes outstanding individuals and businesses throughout Douglas County. This year’s 2019 award winners include:
- Citizen of the Year, Gary Sparks
- Small Business of the Year, Belletti Photography, LLC
- Large Business of the Year, DeNyse Companies
- Diplomat of the Year, Gail Moore, Custom Plastics & More
- Chamber Spirit Award, Elena Hudson, Hudson’s Hickory House
- Sam P. Roberts Community Service Award, Paul Zachos
- Young Professional of the Year, Dalia Racine, Junior League of Douglas County
- Chairman’s Award, Chris Pumphrey, DC Economic Development Authority